Valve Corporation has developed an amazing MOBA game. It is worthy of the praise and fame that it had received for the past year. Passionate warriors gather in teams of five to engage in a battle. The players have to destroy the statue named Ancient. However, no game is free from errors and glitches. That is why it is necessary to help you resolve the loading resource file error on DOTA 2.
The error pops up when the game cannot access any file. This can happen due to various reasons. One thing that you have to keep in mind is opening older season files may not be possible at all. This is due to the regular change of compatibility with each new update of DOTA 2.
If you are facing an error in opening recent files, then follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the Steam launcher.
- Go to Library to view all your games.
- Open the DOTA 2 launch window.
- After the buffering is stopped on the Play button, right-click on the game from the left vertical side menu.
- From the list that appeared, click on Properties.
- Click on Local files.
- After that, click on Verify Integrity of game cache.
- This will re-download any missing file necessary for the game.
- Click on OK and launch the game once again.
Hopefully, the error should not exist anymore. Under the circumstances that it does persist, you can uninstall the game. Once you have properly uninstalled the game, install it again. This will refresh all the game files and give you a fresh start.
The latter method is a brute force method to solve any of the unknown errors. You can also report the error on the DOTA 2 community forum. The fellow gamers will likely get in touch with you and guide you to resolve the loading resource file error.