Discord is a great platform to communicate. Be it while playing games, organizing events, or workshops, it provides an organized way to conduct meetings. Recently, people have started using Discord while playing games that do not have voice chat support. Unfortunately, some people are facing the Discord installation failed error on Windows. If that is the case, you have come to the right place.
Remove Faulty Discord fragments
- Right-click on the taskbar and open the task manager.
- Under processes, end all the processes related to discord.
- Now, click on the Windows icon and go to settings.
- Go in the Apps and then inside Apps and features.
- Look for Discord software and uninstall that.
- Finally, type in %appdata% in the windows search bar.
- Look for the Discord folder here. Select and delete the folder.
These steps have now completely removed any cache or failed fragments of the software from your computer. Now, head over to the Discord website and download the setup file. Install the file as always. This should hopefully work for you. In case it does not then proceed to the next step.
For this extraction, we need the 7zip software. Download the installation file for your OS. Once downloaded, execute the file and install it on your computer. Now, follow the below-mentioned steps.
Get Discord on your PC
- Open the directory where you had the Discord setup file previously downloaded.
- Right-click on it and under the 7zip option, click on extract to “Discordsetup\”. In your case, it might be different. So, don’t worry.
- After the new folder is created, move that folder into the C drive on your computer.
- Open this folder and locate the file labeled as something like Discord-0.0.309-full.
- Right-click on it and go under the 7zip option again.
- Click on extract to “Discord-0.0.309-full\”.
- Go inside the newly created folder and then open the lib folder.
- Again, double click on net45 to open that.
- Under this, you will see a file named Discord. This is the executable file that will launch the software on your computer.
- Right-click on it and click on send to desktop to create a shortcut for easy access.
This brings us to a close on the solutions for the Discord installation failed error. You can simply open up Discord and log in to your account. In case you are new to it, create an account and enjoy chatting with your friends.