A very common error code in Destiny 2 is the Error code CAT. Likewise, it is an error code that can be very frustrating to players. Many players can are wondering how to resolve this error code. This article is therefore regarding some fixes as well as workarounds for Destiny 2 error code CAT.
Destiny 2 Error Code CAT: Fixes & Workarounds –
This is an error code that is a result of an out-of-date version of the game. Therefore, you have to update the game properly to resolve this error code.
For PC via Steam –
1) First and foremost, you have to restart the Steam desktop app.
2) Next up, you have to go to the Downloads section of Steam in case you set updates to download automatically. In such a case, you can find the Destiny 2 update appear under ‘Downloads’.
3) In case you don’t set updates to download automatically, you have to click on the ‘Update’ button on Destiny 2’s page on Steam. Additionally, you can verify the integrity of the game’s files in case the update fails.
4) In order to check the game’s file integrity, you have to select the ‘Verify Integrity of Game Files’ option available in the Properties menu of the game, under the Local Files tab.
5) After doing so, you can check if the update is now available to download.
6) Lastly, you can also select the ‘Clear the download cache’ option in Steam to make updates appear.
For Xbox –
1) First and foremost, you have to turn on your Xbox console.
2) Next up, you have to sign in to your main Xbox Live account that you link to the game.
3) Then, you have to go to the home menu and go to the ‘Games and Tabs’ option.
4) Now, you have to find the Destiny 2 game start icon and press the ‘Menu’ button.
5) Finally, you have to click ‘Update’ for Destiny 2.
For PlayStation –
1) First and foremost, you have to turn on your console.
2) Next up, you have to sign in to your main PSN account that you link to the game.
3) Then, you have to go to the console’s home menu. On the home menu, you have to find the Destiny 2 game start icon.
4) Now, you have to press the ‘Options’ button on your controller.
5) You have to select the ‘Check For Update’ option.
6) Finally, you can now update the version of the game.
This was an article regarding fixes for Destiny 2 Error Code CAT. You can get the latest game news and guides by keeping up with Digistatement.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.