Dead by Daylight is a competitive isometric horror online multiplayer video game from the developer studio, Behaviour Interactive. The game is a 5-player asymmetrical game where four players face off against one player. It is a game that is available on various platforms such as PC, Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo Switch, Google Stadia, iOS, and also on Android. Support for cross-platform multiplayer gameplay is one of the biggest attractions of the game.
How to add friends cross-platform in Dead by Daylight
- The first step for players to do is to enable the crossplay option in the game menu.
- Then players have to go to the Survivor section.
- After that, head over to the Friend’s Tab section.
- Then click on Add a Friend option
- Then the next thing to do is to type in a friend’s exact username and click on search.
- The friend’s in-game name will show up below after the search is complete.
- Then, Click on the add friend button near it (+ button).
- Now all that is left to do is for the friend to Accept the Request.
Issues with adding friends cross-platform in Dead by Daylight and possible reasons
There are several players’ complaints on Reddit, Steam community page, and other sites where players cannot add friends from other platforms. There are cases where a player from one platform sends a request to another on a different platform and the request cannot be accepted. The invites would arrive in the inbox but would only go away when rejected. Likewise, there are also cases where the invites are not received at all. This is an annoying issue that has no clear reasoning for it.
According to the information & complaints that are available online, the possible reason for this issue is the glitches and bugs in the game. Since the game is available on many platforms, bug fixes and patches take longer to arrive on all the platforms. There may be a problem on one platform that causes the invites to glitch out. There are currently no official solutions for this issue.
Keep up-to-date with Digistatement.com to know about an official fix or update for it when it is available.
Read more on the game here.