Valve has released a new update for Counter-Strike Global Offensive which includes a long-awaited change to kill feed, a 1v1 wingman Inferno map, and some major changes to chlorine.
New Kill Feed Includes blind kills, smoke kills, and no scopes
Much awaited change to the kill feed is here, and it looks like a new life to the feature. Kill feed now includes a sequence of every scenario of how the player died. From today onwards, killfeed will show a shot through smoke, no-scoped with AWP or Scout or kill while blind with the semiotics below:
- Blinded: Eye with cross through it.
- Smoked: Cloud of smoke with bullet.
- No-scope: Scope with cross through it.
Valve has also added Inferno as the fifth map to get the 1v1 wingman warmup arena and made some valuable changes to chlorine.
Check the full Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CS:GO) May 4 Update Patch Notes below:
CS:GO May 4 update patch notes
- Added kill feed icons for blind shooter, kills through smoke, and no scope sniper kills; all kill feed icons feature the bullet on the same line.
- When spawn immunity time is set to a negative value then spawning players will not have immunity even during warmup period.
- Fully disabled player immunity in 1v1 Wingman warmup period arenas, and added logic to clear blood decals for each encounter.
- sv_pure servers will now kick clients that have loaded asset files into game memory from files not present on game server filesystem.
- Fixed showing observed player crosshair in the editor menu.
- Fixed strings on crosshair import dialog being truncated in some languages.
- Fixed crosshair codes storing incorrect values for values out of range.
- Tweaked ambient color light to make it bluer.
- Made bombsite A plant zone bigger.
- Fixed bombstuck spots on A bombsite pillars.
- Removed bamboo fence near CT upper on A bombsite.
- Added bamboo fence near T main on A upper, moving the gap closer to the tank.
- Added bamboo fence near big rock on A upper to cut direct line of sight from CT upper to T main entrance.
- Added light source on lazy river tunnel near CT spawn.
- Added bamboo fence on the back of CT main entrance to A bombsite for better visibility.
- Tweaked textures in lazy river tunnel and connector to make them more vibrant.
- Added light source on B upper.
- Tweaked lazy river texture to make it brighter.
- Added cover for T’s on middle.
- Removed a head peek angle from CT mid to A bombsite.
- Fixed pixel boost on B bombsite.
- Made main lights on B bombsite brighter.
- Fixed see through stairs near CT spawn.
- Fixed wooden door on B being bangable.
- Added bamboo fence near tank on B bombsite.
- Removed water from lazy river at CT spawn.
- Tweaked sky box to be less purple.
- Added bambo fences in high traffic areas for better player model contrast.
- Removed foliage models in some places.
- Updated radar image.
- Updated third person pose for G3SG1, and taught Terrorists a better way to hold AUG in the buy menu.
- To welcome the sunny weather outside, switched main menu movie scenery to Nuke.
- Added ability to purchase coupon items from Steam Store, e.g. https://store.steampowered.com/buyitem/730/20170 for “StatTrak™ Masterminds Music Kit Box”.
- In-game blog will now render in Greek if game interface is set to Greek language.
- Fixed prediction errors occurring sometimes when crouch-walking or in noclip mode as listen server host.
- Enabled animation blending for chickens.
- Updated several agent voice lines for Perfect World version of the game.
- Optimized textures for separatists player models.
- Several stability fixes.