Season 8 of Call of Duty Mobile, The Forge is easily one of the best seasons in the game. Part of it goes to the return of the fan favourite map, Highrise while the other goes to the fun weaponary found in this season. We have already seen the H20 Purifier added recently as part of the Days of Summer event. Now, we are going to take a look at the new Katana operator skill and learn how to unlock it.
New Operator Skill
Available in the multiplayer mode, the Katana is an operator skill which equips you with this deadly Japanese blade. It is a one hit kill sword that is able to chop its way through any amount of opposition. In essence, it slices and dices enemies like butter.
Upon activating it, you will be pushed into a third person perspective to gain a better field of view on your enemies. What’s left is to run around the map backstabbing and dominating your enemy team. However, keep in mind that the Katana is a close quarters combat weapon so you will need to get up close and personal with your enemy. This sword provides players with a small lunge distance so you will be golden as long as you have your enemy in that range.
How To Unlock The Katana
The Katana operator skill is added as a part of the featured event section in the game. You will be presented with a set of challenges and going through it will reward you with this one hit kill blade. Moreover, you can collect other goodies on your way to unlocking the Katana.
As you progress through these challenges, you will be rewarded with a MW11 Sight Unseen, a Sticky Grenade Sight Unseen and a spray called Crash. Be sure to take part in this and get your very own sword.
How to Use The Katana
Since the Katana is a close ranged weapon unlike the Annihilator or War Machine, we figured it would be wise to provide you with Swordsmanship 101. You can use the following tips to your advantage while using this operator skill :
- While using the Katana, closing the distance between you and your enemy is the key. Familiarise yourself with the map layout and objects and move from cover to cover to get close to your enemy.
- A flashbang will come in handy when using this weapon. Blind your enemy and sneak up to them for a quick and easy kill. Moreover, a flashbang will make you feel like a ninja which, let’s be honest, is super cool.
- Play on small scaled maps with this operator skill. Maps like Kill House and Hijacked provide a small area for more player on player interaction and cover. Thus, it would be wise to go for them.
- However, if you do get in a match with big maps like Crossfire, then use smokes to cover open areas and move through it.
- While playing TDMs, make sure that your spawn hasn’t switched before activating this skill. A sword can be easily outmatched with a gun if your enemy has the numbers. Therefore, be sure to stick with your team to avoid being overwhelmed.
Thus if you follow these tips, the Katana can be a really fun weapon to use. Moreover, getting the final killcam with it is a thing to be proud of on it own.