Call of Duty Warzone game was released on March 10, 2020, & within four days of its release, the game has passed 15 million players mark. Call of Duty fans are really loving this new battle royale game. The game is available on all the major platforms including PC, Xbox One & PS4.
In Battle Royale mode of the game, you are required to be the last squad standing while escaping the deadly gas in the swiftly closing circle with up to 150 players. Whereas in the Plunder mode, the race is on to collect the most in-match Cash by looting across the map, taking down enemies to steal their Cash, and completing in-match Contracts.
Coming to the topic, Call of Duty players are having a lot of trouble with the audio of the game. Infinity Ward has already shared a blog detailing, how you can fine-tune Warzone audio & sound settings. However, Activision & Infinity Ward has not addressed the ongoing audio debacle in Warzone. A concerned Warzone player & Reddit user, afasso, has listed some audio issues which is currently troubling him, along with many other players. Have a look at it down below.
- Gunshots have almost no distance scaling. They either sound “far” which could be anywhere between 80m away or 300m away. Or basically next to you.
- Gunshots don’t change direction as you look around. If someone 100m away on your left shoots, and you turn your head to where it came from, the gunshot sound will continue to play without changing as you turn your head. Meaning in order to locate someone you have to wait for the next gunshot to make an adjustment and locate them. Compare this to say CSGO or fortnite, where as you turn your head, the position of the audio source changes in realtime, allowing you to locate where it is coming from without having to do some sort of head shaking trial and error. Its as though the game is saying “Well I started playing Gunshot1.mp3 at 40 degrees to your left, so I’ll damn well finish playing it at 40 degrees to your left. I don’t care that you’ve turned 90 degrees and he should be on your right now!”
- Loot boxes have no vertical sound adjustment. You can tell which direction they are laterally, but I have absolutely no idea if its on the same floor, the floor above, the one below. Please please make it so that they have some sort of indication.
- Vehicles frequently sound as if there is another vehicle close to/behind you. The number of times that I’ve been driving, and it sounds as though there is another car coming up close to us when actually its just the audio engine being sub-par and duplicating sounds is pretty high.
- Footsteps are SUPER inconsistent. Seriously sometimes I hear someone coming a mile away, and sometimes I hear almost nothing at all.
We certainly hope Infinity Ward & Activision will look into this matter soon, as COD fans are loving the graphics & game but inconsistent audio is creating a bad experience overall & needs an urgent overhaul. Rest assured, we are keeping a close tab on all the developments & will update you with more info, whenever it arrives.