Asus Rog Phone 3 is one of the most loved devices among the users due to a lot of power and plenty of features designed primarily for gaming. The ROG Phone 3’s design comes with a lot more toned down and muted version than its predecessor to make it look more appealing to the public. However, the phone also brought many bugs with it such as charging issues, ghost touch, and refresh rate issues. But, now Asus is back with a fix in the form of the new update with version 17.0823.2008.70 and comes with many bug fixes with a lot of improvements in the gaming experience. The update has already been started to roll out from September 21, 2020. The size of this update is only 209.08 MB
Even with all the minor bug fixes, the biggest change in this update is the new “Bypass Charging” feature. The Taiwanese company claims that with this Bypass Charging feature turned ON, the device will transfer the current to the device to power up the device instead of charging the battery. This feature helps us to save battery even while playing games still not charging the phone which will reduce the extra heating of the phone.
The new Bypass Charging feature is very similar to the “charging limit” feature already available on device but there are a few differences. The first difference is that it can be easily turned on and off from the phone’s Game Genie overlay, as it’s mainly used only while gaming. The second difference is that Bypass Charging doesn’t force you to set a limit or hit a certain battery percentage for it to work. You can turn it on whenever needed.
There are also a few more changes in this update. They are:
- Added “Bypass Charging” feature to the Game Genie panel. It allows you to power the device without charging the battery.
- Enabled VoLte/VoWifi on ICE (Norway).
- Latest Android security patch.
- Fixed the brightness issue after locking/unlocking the device.
- Also fixed HK network mobile signal instability.
- This update also fixes the issue of manual screen refresh rate unable to maintain in low brightness.
- Improved display quality while playing a video.
- Fixed the brighter display issue after unlocking the device.
- Fix the charging issues when charging with the original charger and cable.
- Fix issue where in some special cases calls could not be received.
- Fixed SMS issue while using KDDI sim.
- Updated APN list.
ASUS Rog Phone 3 Specifications:
The Asus Rog Phone 3 is powered by a humongous 6000mAh battery and a cooling apparatus and is powered by extremely powerful Snapdragon 865+ SoC. It boasts a full-HD+ AMOLED panel with a seamless 144Hz refresh rate and HDR10+ support. Asus has also designed the ROG Phone 3 with its ultrasonic AirTriggers that poses as gamepad buttons while playing games. There are three rear cameras which give surprisingly good photos in both daytime and at night. This phone is available to buy at a price of Rs 49,999.
The company will roll out the update for different serial numbers in batches. Thus, if you did not receive the update yet kIndly have some patience. Take a backup before updating the phone, to prevent accidental data loss.
Let us know your thoughts on this new update and let us know about how your device is performing after this update.