Assassin’s Creed: Ragnarok is rumored to be the next title in the Assassin’s Creed Franchise. Alleged Amazon and GameStop item listings also point towards the title in under development. Recent leaks from a proclaimed leaker revealed huge details about the mega-game ahead of schedule. Not only the release date, but the leaker has also leaked gameplay, story, and announcement date. So, let’s discuss what we know about Assassin’s Creed: Ragnarok.
Keep one thing mind, Ubisoft has yet to make any official statement regarding this. So, take the leaks as a pinch of salt.
Assassin’s Creed 2020: Ragnarok Release Date
Ubisoft hasn’t confirmed whether Assassin’s Creed: Ragnarok is the next title or any other title is in work, but the company launches Assassin’s Creed games somewhere between October and November. Last title, Assassin’s Creed Odyssey was on October 5, 2018, while Assassin’s Creed Origins was released on October 27, 2017. The leak seems to follow this trend, which suggests that Assassin’s Creed Ragnarok is releasing on September 29,2020. According to the leaker, the game will be announced on February 12, 2020, during the PlayStation event.
Assassin’s Creed: Ragnarok is releasing for PC, Xbox One, PS4, and 5th gen consoles PS5 and Xbox Series X.
Assassin’s Creed 2020: Ragnarok Story and Settings
It is believed that Assassin’s Creed: Ragnarok will take place in the Vikings era. The game will begin in 845 CE at the siege of Paris and follow the story of Jora living in Novagrad.
Here is the full breakdown provided in the leaks:
We next cut to 863 as the teenage Jora living in Novagrad?. Eventually, we meet assassins and are sent to deliver a package to Ragnar in Uppsala.
Jora becomes a thane to Ragnar allowing the settlement system and we then follow him to Northumbria where the templar Aella kills Ragnar.
Jora returns to Ragnar’s sons where the army is formed to combat the templars that control most of Europe
We follow most of the invasion and war, becoming allies with Alfred, conquer kiev, help rollo in Normandy, and overthrow fat Charles in France.
Then a templar named Bjorn has an Eden piece that’s like a knife that gives him control over Vikings and tries to invade England again (idk what this is, google translate may be screwing up).
Then we kill Bjorn in a temple and give his knife to his mother’s who’s Ragnar’s ex?
Also, there are a ton of temples that are each protected by a mythical beast like a giant snake, a dragon, Kraken, and a giant.
Assassin’s Creed: Ragnarok Gameplay Details
If we believe the leaks, then Assassin’s Creed: Ragnarok will have a significant number of updates from its predecessor. You can read the full list of leaked gameplay details below:
– Up to 4 player drop in drop out co-op like Ghost Recon wildlands.
– Player can only play as a single character, Jora, who can be chosen to be male or female.
– Jora led a small band of 4 during their adventures which is why other players can drop in and out for co-op.
– Continues heavy RPG mechanics now including different classes and mild skill tree changes based on class. Player class can be changed by a specific character.
– Combat is upgraded with more weapon types and special abilities for every weapon grouping.- Each weapon can have runes added, be upgraded, and durability increased.
– Weapon durability does now come into play, forcing players to use their weapon pool more effectively and forced to manage a smaller inventory that can be upgraded
– Replacing adrenaline is a berserker mode which also activates special runes like fire, frost, or lightning damage.
– Sailing returns is less combat intensive and more focused on exploration and travel including being able to navigate tight rivers and wetlands
– Parkour is upgraded with tree climbing and new animations
– The hidden blade is back and is far more customizable in terms of cosmetics. Can be upgraded to kill in one stab
– Stealth is upgraded by having physical stealth skills such as hiding in mud, snow, crouching in bushes, hiding in bales of hay, etc.- Players can now also hide in crowds of civilians if their outfit/ armor is appropriate otherwise it can attract attention.
– Players now have a reputation system based on quests completed for people in cities, the town officials, clothing worn, crimes committed, etc. Some quests and story missions can only be completed after reaching a certain reputation with kingdoms.
– Conquest battles return to help capture some settlements from templars and players can approach them in a variety of ways.
– Players can also find battles between warring kingdoms occurring dynamically throughout the world.
– Multiple settlements throughout the world can be captured and controlled for trade and currency gains
– Players can organize large scale raids of forts and cities with nearby viking camps, wait for their own raids, or go in by themselves.
– The assassins are believed to have a connection to Odin and dub their raven drone as odin sight
.- Difficulty returns but focuses more on parry times, player health, and enemy reaction times rather than enemy health
– Levelling is overhauled to allow players to improve skillsets to gain experience, like in Skyrim. As a result, level locking regions and content is gone.
– Some skills are unlocked by reaching a high enough skillset level, some must be bought with skill points, and others are unlocked through game/ story progression.
– The map is massive. Like all of northern europe. My source mentioned big cities being York, London, Paris, and kiev. Every kingdom was meant to be really unique.
Ubisoft has yet to confirm the details mentioned above, till then take these as a pinch of salt.